This is how to give your makeup look the staying power.
Summer weddings are wonderful, aren’t they? Beautiful brides, blues skies and bright sunshine…plus the makeup melting down your face.
While summer weddings are wonderful, they can also be risky. Luckily for you, we’ve got an ultimate guide of the best bridal summer beauty tips. The Wedding Gallery to the rescue!
Our round-up of summer beauty tips starts with glowing skin. But there’s a big difference between glowing and greasy. Here are some steps to follow to make sure your foundation stays put:
1. If you’ve got oily skin, hydrate it with an oil-free moisturiser. If it’s really oily, skip the moisturiser and apply some eye cream. And if your skin is dry, apply moisturiser as normal.
2. Before you apply your foundation, apply an anti-shine product to get your skin ready.
3. Got really good skin? Skip the foundation and just use concealer as this will last longer. Apply it to any blemishes, under your eyes, and around the corners of your nose.
4. The best foundation type to use is an oil-free formula. Be sure to apply it with a foundation brush.
5. After your foundation, dust your face with a light powder.
Your eyelids are so unique so we definitely needed to cover them in this round-up of summer beauty tips. Some eyeshadows last forever. Others only last for minutes. Here are some of our tricks:
1. Get a concealer brush and apply concealer all over your eyelid, from lash line to brow. This means your shadow will adhere more easily to your skin. If your lids are really oily, use a matte product first then apply your concealer on top. Finish that off with some powder.
2. Try and avoid creamy eyeshadow formulas as they can oil up. Apply two layers just to be on the safe side.
3. When it comes to liners, a liquid liner will be your best friend. It won’t budge.
4. Even if you’re 100% sure you’re not going to cry, we’d definitely recommend waterproof mascara for your wedding day.
If the heat gets to your makeup, your blush will be one of the first things to suffer. Here are a few pointers:
1. Like eyeshadows, stay clear of creamy formulas. These tend to streak and invite shine. Your best bet is to go for a soft, powdery formula that looks fresh and will absorb oil.
2. If you want to make sure your blush really stays put, apply cheek stain, then a matching blush powder on top.
You’ll be kissing ALL day on your wedding day. Your new husband, your guests, and not to mention sipping champagne. How are you supposed to keep your lipstick on all day?
1. The first step is to moisturise your lips with a balm as this will help you pencil glide along easily. Then get your lip pencil and colour in your entire mouth – this prevents your lipstick from bleeding and means it’ll last longer.
2. If you’re the type of person that can never keep lipstick on, use concealer as a base before your lip pencil.
3. Once you’ve used your pencil, apply your lipstick and blot with a tissue. While you’ve still got the tissue pressed to your lips, dust some loose powder on top
4. Finally, add a touch of gloss. Just one coat should hold your colour in place all day.
If you’re going to be outside in the bright sunshine from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm, carry an umbrella or parasol to shield your face from the sun. Pack an emergency kit that you can give to your mum or one of your bridesmaids so they can keep it safe. You can include concealer, lipstick and mirror for any touch-ups.
Those were our bridal summer beauty tips…you’re now summer ready!
Discover how to bring your wedding dreams to life by booking an appointment to discuss your plans with one of our consultants today.